Sign Up for Notifications
Download the new, FREE Sweep&Plow App to get alerts on your phone, or sign up for customized notifications below.
Sign up to find out when a snow route is declared. It’s the most direct way to know when a snow route has been declared and the 24-hour parking ban will be in effect.
Snow Route Program
With no vehicles in the parking lane, a more thorough snow plow from curb to curb can be achieved. This improves traffic flow along the road and helps make winter operations more efficient. Snow routes in Regina cover 16 kilometres of our road network. The selected routes are typically difficult for equipment to plow efficiently, largely due to on-street parking:
- Winnipeg St - Ross Ave to Broadway Ave
- Victoria Ave - Pasqua St to Albert St
- Victoria Ave - Broad St to Winnipeg St
- Toronto St - Victoria Ave to College Ave
- College Ave - Winnipeg St to Arcola Ave
- Broadway Ave - Broad St to Park St
- 15th Ave - Elphinstone St to Winnipeg St
- 14th Ave - Toronto St to Winnipeg St
- 14th Ave - Albert St to Halifax St
- 13th Ave - Broad St to Toronto St
Snow route locations are easily identified by blue signs with a white snowflake.
Declaring a Snow Route
Snow Routes are Declared:
- When snowfall has reached a minimum of 5 cm of snow
- By 3 p.m. the day before parking bans are in effect
- Any day of the week
When a snow route is declared, it means there is no parking for a 24-hour period. Vehicles that remain on the snow route during the temporary parking ban will be ticketed $120. Residents and businesses are free to return the following morning if there has been no notification before 3 p.m. the day before, no matter what the weather brings.
For example, when a snow route is declared at 3 p.m. on Tuesday, that means there is no parking on the route starting at 6 a.m. Wednesday until 6 a.m. Thursday.
Residents are advised through the Sweep&Plow app, email, phone, on our Facebook and Twitter pages and on the website.
If you have a parking permit through the Saskatchewan Abilities Council's Parking Program for People with Disabilities, please contact us at 306-777-7000 to determine if we can work together to find an alternative.