The City of Regina Snow Storage Site is located at the south west corner of Fleet Street and McDonald Street/Highway 46. The site is open seven days a week, 24 hours a day during the winter season as long as weather conditions and City of Regina snow removal activity permits.
Access & Fees
All users of the Snow Storage Site are required to obtain a permit at a cost of $10 per vehicle. Permit fees are non-refundable. Permitting is monitored using Radio Frequency Identification Device (RFID) tags installed on the vehicle windshield. This RFID tag authorizes site access and provides site usage tracking for billing purposes. RFID tags are not transferable between different vehicles.
|Truck Categories||RFID Tag Colour||RFID Tag Fee||Cost per Load|
|1 ton pick-up or smaller truck without trailer||Blue||$10||$5|
|1 ton pick-up or smaller truck with trailer||Green||$10||$15|
|Tandem axle truck or single axle truck bigger than 1 ton (both without trailer)||Pink||$10||$25|
|Tandem axle truck with trailer or single axle truck bigger than 1 ton with trailer||Yellow||$10||$35|
Register your vehicle by completing the Snow Storage Site Application Form. The signed application form can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered in person to City Hall Monday to Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:45 p.m. It may take up to 10 business days to process your application and issue your RFID tags.
There are no registration or payment facilities at the Snow Storage Site. Access will not be allowed without an active RFID tag. Users of the Snow Storage Site have two options to pay for their site usage:
- Prepayment of Site Access Fees – Users prepay their account and receive a monthly statement showing the balance of funds on the account. Prepayments will only be accepted via telephone, using a credit card, by calling 306-777-7227. Once funds have been depleted, the associated RFID tag(s) are deactivated until additional funds have been placed on the account. Re-activation takes two business days and users will be denied access to the Snow Storage Site during that re-activation time.
- Application for Credit (Invoicing) – Users submit an Application for Credit. If credit is approved, customers receive monthly invoices showing site usage. Credit terms are detailed on the application. Application for credit does not guarantee credit approval.
Instructions & Map
The Snow Storage Site entrance is through the north access gate on Fleet Street. There are signs to guide drivers through the site and city staff are onsite to help ensure smooth, safe and unrestricted traffic.
Electronic equipment reads the vehicle’s RFID tag and a camera and license plate reader monitors the trucks entering the site. Vehicles without valid RFID tags will be redirected to the exit.
The maximum speed limit is 15 km/hour. Operators should reduce speed to 10 km/hour or less when passing through the RFID antenna. Watch for speed signs and follow all traffic signs on the site.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and Site Safety
- All site users must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hard hat, high-visibility vest/jacket and CSA approved safety boots.
- Vehicle operators must use caution. High traffic and uneven surfaces, slippery conditions, reduced visibility, snow and ice buildup can increase safety hazards.
- Vehicles should reverse using low speeds. Operators should maintain a distance of six meters from City equipment including the crew trailer, RFID system, cameras, traffic signals, gates, lighting, etc.
- In the event of an emergency, park your vehicle safely and immediately gather near the muster point sign located next to the south exit road on Fleet Street.
Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Tag Installation Instructions
Install RFID Tag on the truck windshield, approximately 5 to 6 inches away from the metal or sun-film. Firmly stick the self-adhesive tag inside the cab on the windshield, facing outward.