Major Special Event Grants provide funding support (from $5,000 up to $50,000) to events in the community that are either:
- One-time and first-time events that celebrate, preserve and enhance Regina’s identity by commemorating notable people, places and events, symbols and 10th, 20th, 25th, 50th, 75th and 100th anniversaries or;
- Local events that promote the values of citizenship and identity on Canada Day, National Indigenous Peoples Day, Remembrance Day and Saint Jean Baptiste Day; or
- Re-occurring events that have an established history of City of Regina service support (e.g. transit services).
Application Deadlines: Applications will be accepted prior to three deadline dates: January 29, March 31, and August 31, 2021. Applications must be received a minimum of three months prior to the event. All deadlines are dependent on available funds.
Pre-Application Process: Applicants must first meet with a City of Regina Coordinator before receiving and submitting an Application. The discussion with the Coordinator will determine if the organization meets the specific eligibility criteria, or if another community investment grant is more appropriate for potential funding. To arrange a meeting with a Coordinator, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minor Special Events Grants provide funding for organizations up to $5,000 for new or unique one-time events that contribute to building community pride and encouraging community interaction and spirit.
Application Deadlines: Applications will be accepted prior to the following seven deadlines: February 26, March 31, April 30, May 31, June 30, September 30 and November 30, 2021. All deadlines are dependent on available funds. Please apply by the deadline which is at least six weeks prior to the event. The City commits to providing a response within four weeks of each of the deadline dates. Applications can be submitted up to one year prior to the event.
The Saskatchewan Lotteries Community Grant program provides funding for initiatives that assist in the development of sport, culture and recreation programs. The City administers this grant on behalf of Saskatchewan Lotteries Trust Fund.
The goal of the program is to get people involved in sport, culture and recreation activities, especially those activities which encourage participation of under-represented populations in our community, such as:
- Children and teenagers, especially at risk-youth;
- Economically disadvantaged;
- Inactive seniors;
- Persons with a disability;
- Single parent families; and
Application Deadline: January 11, 2022
Adjudication: The Saskatchewan Lotteries Review Committee is composed of volunteers from the community. The mandate of the Committee is to adjudicate the applications and provide recommendations to City of Regina Administration for funding approval.
If you require more information, please contact Community Investments at 306-777-7507 or email@example.com