View your collection schedule your way! Sign up for collection reminders via email, text, phone call or add it to your electronic calendar application. You can also download and print your personalized collection schedule.
Why is the City permanently moving to biweekly garbage collection in the winter?
- Biweekly garbage collection is part of our long-term Waste Plan Regina to divert waste from the landfill. Residents are encouraged to reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Residents quickly adapted to the frequency change during the pilot project and the majority support the move to biweekly garbage collection.
How does biweekly garbage collection work?
- Residents who receive weekly curbside garbage collection will move to every other week collection service from November 4, 2019 to April 3, 2020.
- Garbage collection days are not changing, but due to altering routes cart pick-up times could change.
- Blue cart recycling collection remains unchanged.
- Weekly garbage collection will return from December 23, 2019 to January 3, 2020.
I currently receive alley garbage collection, will my cart collection location change with the move to biweekly garbage collection?
- The only thing that is changing with your garbage collection is the frequency. Your cart placement and pick up day remains the same.
Am I able to switch to a larger garbage cart?
- The 240-litre garbage carts hold approximately four bags of garbage as opposed to six bags in the 360-litre carts.
- These carts were implemented to acknowledge the amount of waste diverted through recycling and composting.
Can a get a second garbage cart?
- If you require an additional garbage cart may request one by calling Service Regina at 306-777-7000 and pay a fee on your utility (water) bill.
What is the cost of the additional garbage cart?
- A 360L cart will cost $156.95 per year
- A 240L cart will cost $116.80 per year
I have requested an additional cart, how do I place my two garbage carts out for collection?
- On collection day, place the carts on even ground on the street or in the back alley before 7:30 a.m. Make sure they do not block traffic.
- Leave enough space around your carts so that you can walk around it. Leave at least one metre (four feet) of space between other objects such as parked cars, power poles, utility boxes, fences, downspouts and garages.
Will collection of garbage every two weeks cause odour and attract pests and wildlife?
- Biweekly collection is only planned for the winter season as household food waste will remain frozen in the garbage cart. This will deter odor and will not attract wildlife or pests.
What do I do if my cart was not collected?
- If it’s your scheduled collection week and you had your cart rolled out for collection by 7:30 a.m., call Service Regina at 306-777-7000.
- Go to Regina.ca/waste, click ‘Need help?’ on the tool and select ‘I have a problem with my collection service, such as a missed collection’. This will take you to the ‘Contact Us’ online request form to submit a Service Request.
Cart Placement & Collection Guide
Blue Cart Recycling
Brown Garbage Cart
On collection day, place the carts on even ground on the street or in the back alley before 7:30 a.m. Make sure they do not block traffic.
On the front street
In the back lane
Leave enough space around your cart so that you can easily walk around it. There should be at least one metre (four feet) of space between other objects such as parked cars, power poles, utility boxes, fences, downspouts and garages.
Roll your empty cart back in a secure location on your property or against your fence after it has been collected.
Please keep carts from blocking alleys. This helps keep our alleys clean and prevents litter.