Open/Close Your Account
If you are opening or closing an account, you should contact Utility Billing at least 3 days before you want service to begin/end.
If you are opening an account, you will be charged a connection fee of $25 which will appear on your first utility bill. In some cases, you may also be charged a deposit. There is no fee to close your account.
There are several ways you can open or close your utility account:
- Online: Visit ExpressAddress.com to connect or disconnect your utility service. When you use ExpressAddress, the information you enter is secure and is only sent to the organizations you select. Note: You will need to enter an e-mail address as well as personal identification (example: driver’s licence, health card number) to use this service.
- In person: Visit the cashiers on the main floor of City Hall (2476 Victoria Avenue) weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. to set up or disconnect your City of Regina Utility account. (Note: City Hall is closed on holidays.)
- Over the phone: To set up or disconnect your City of Regina Utility account, call 306-777-7000 weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. except holidays when the office is closed.
Required information to open/close an account
Whichever method you use, you should have the following information ready.
Opening an account
- Name of the person(s) that will appear on the account or are on the account, along with birth date and contact phone number for each
- By giving verbal permission to add a co-applicant to the Utility account, all parties become liable for charges on the account. If applicable, previous unpaid utility charges may be transferred to the account. Amounts owing may be disclosed to either party. Other personal information is not shared.
- Employment status/information for each person appearing on the account
- Name and phone number of an emergency contact
- Address where you want water service to start
- The date you want service to start
- Billing address and phone number (if different from service location.)
- If you have had utility service before, your previous utility account number(s) or service locations
Closing an account
- Name of the person(s) who are listed on the account
- Address where you want utility service to stop
- Your current utility account number
- The date you want service to stop
- Address where the last bill can be mailed