The project, sometimes referred to as the Eastern Pressure Solution Project, will accommodate future growth while maintaining water service levels for residents, businesses and fire services.
- New water pumping station with 100kW solar system for renewable energy generation
- New water storage reservoirs
- New 8.4km long water supply main
- The new pumping station and reservoirs will allow the City’s water network to accommodate a population of up to 310k people.
- The new facilities will be expandable in the future to accommodate growth up to a population of 500k people.
- September 5 to October 6, 2023 - Redbear Avenue closure (Solomon Crescent to Fleet Street)
- Starting in Spring 2024 - The speed on sections of Ring Road may be reduced to 60 km per hour and/or eastbound traffic may be reduced down to one lane when work is happening adjacent to the roadway. This will ensure the safety of motorists and workers in the construction zone.
- The City will advise residents of any traffic restrictions as work progresses. Watch for signs and use caution.
- September 2023: Tree removals along Ring Road
- 2023-2026: Water Pumping Station and Reservoirs construction at 2605 Redbear Avenue East
- 2023-2024: Water Supply Main construction alongside Fleet Street from Redbear Avenue to Emmet Hall Road and along the North Storm Channel from Fleet Street to Ring Road
- 2023-2026: Water Supply Main construction along Ring Road from Pasqua Street North to Ross Avenue (Phasing TBD)
- Redbear Avenue Pumping Station & Reservoirs $107.6 million
- Water Supply Main (pricing TBD after tenders close)