Ward 1 - Councillor Barbara Young
Councillor Barbara Young is sitting for her second term as a member of Regina City Council, representing the residents of Ward 1.
She holds a Bachelor Degree in Science, two Master Degrees in Education and Science, and a Doctorate in Policy and Administration with a focus on leadership in change and public policy. Work experiences include teacher, principal, superintendent, consultant in Organization Development in the U.S. and Canada. She served as Director of Policy, Planning and Research in the Ministry of Education.
Barbara was presented with the Saskatchewan Order of Merit. She is also the recipient of the Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan, and the Saskatchewan Council on Educational Administration’s Administrative Excellence Award.
Councillor Young is serving on the following civic boards, committees and commissions:
- Board of Police Commissioners
- Executive Committee
- Finance & Administration Committee
- Provincial Capital Commission (Alternate)
- Public Works & Infrastructure Committee
- Regina Appeal Board
- Regina Planning Commission
- Sherwood-Regina Regional Development Committee (Alternate)