- Complete the Basement Development Permit Submission Package and ensure your application contains all required information and documents. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. The project package may be updated at any time, be sure to check back to this web page for the most current project package.
- A completed Residential Permit Fee Calculation Form is required as part of the application.
- The application must be signed by the legal owner of the property as well as the applicant.
- If applicable, contact SaskPower for inspections and permits for gas or electrical work.
- Submit your application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The City will review your application to ensure it meets all building, heritage, zoning, landscaping, engineering, environmental, disposal, assessment, open space and utility regulations and/or bylaws.
Once your permit is approved, email email@example.com and you will be contacted to make credit card payment over the phone. Once your permit is paid, your permit will be emailed to the applicant/owner/contractor for a signature. A signed copy must be scanned and sent back to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to construction.
Residential: Movement of, alteration, renovation or repair of property
$8 /$1,000 value, $100 minimum
Construction cannot begin until the permit is issued. If work commences prior to issuing of a building permit, you will be subject to a surcharge.