A plumbing only application is a simplified building permit that is issued solely for plumbing only construction. Should you be doing other construction work that requires a building permit, that would encompass the plumbing alterations, please continue using the applicable renovation/alteration packages and note that with the scope of work. An additional plumbing only application would not be required in those cases.
- Complete the Plumbing Application Package and ensure your application contains all required information and documents. Incomplete submissions will not be accepted. The project package may be updated at any time, be sure to check back to this web page for the most current version.
- The application must be signed by the legal owner of the property as well as the applicant.
- If applicable, contact Technical Safety Authority of Saskatchewan (TSASK) for inspections and permits for gas or electrical work.
- Submit your application through our new online eBuild software or in-person at City Hall. The City will review your application to ensure it meets all building, plumbing, engineering, and utility regulations and/or bylaws.
Once your application is approved, you will receive an email advising you of the permit fee (be sure to check your junk mail folder). Payment can be made online for eBuild customers, over the phone, or at the permit counter on the main floor of City Hall. Please note, the permit is not issued until you have paid the fee. Once issued, the applicable permits and approved drawings will be sent to you via email.
$8 per $1000 of the value of the work (minimum permit fee of $100)
View the current permit Processing Times
Construction cannot begin until the permit is issued. If work starts prior to issuing of a building permit, you will be subject to a surcharge.
Mechanical (if applicable)
1. Rough-In – After plumbing drainage piping installation, prior to covering
2. Final Inspection - After fixtures are installed, prior to occupancy
For more information submit a service request; or to book an inspection call 306-777-7292 between 8 and 9 a.m. for same day inspections.